By Prokopenko Vladislav.
Earthquake is a natural calamity that can occur anytime and anywhere on the earth surface, cause lots of disturbance of to the living beings and useful natural resources. Earthquake has its long devastating history from the ancient time all over the world, however its monotonous regularity makes us more fearful. Earth crust consists of several unfixed solid rock faces which move slowly below the surface under the range of millimeters to kilometers. The rate of movement increases with the thickness of plates. Such huge moving plates get separated from other plates and get out of their boundaries. Earthquake occurs when such moving plates clash with each other and separate.
Sometimes volcanoes burst and release lots of lava, gas, etc. that cause pressure and imbalance within the earth surface and produce earthquake waves in the surrounding areas. Thus, volcanic activity within the earth surface is one of the earthquakes’ reasons. Faults created by the volcanic activitiy are filled up by the strong earth surface movement which causes tremor. When an earthquake occurs you should follow these precautions:
1. You should stay calm and stay inside or outside the door but away from windows, buildings and power lines.
2. You should stand against the wall near to the center of building, at doorway and crawl under some heavy furnitures like a desk or table.
3. Never use flammable things like matches, candles, or any other flame as they caught fire with broken gas lines.
4. Never use elevators as they may stuck.
5. If you’re in the running car, you must stop the car and stay inside until the earthquake stops.